Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Weekly Bible Studies...

The weekly Bible studies:
On Wednesday, September 30, we went to our Life Group to watch the week's lesson from The Truth Project and discuss it with the others in our Life Group. We eat before/during the video presentation, and this week Rebecca, Ethan, and I provided the food along with the Malcolms.
Rebecca prepared some waffle mix and cut up some fruit before we left. We brought our new Cooks Belgian Waffle iron we recently purchased from JCPEnney's with us so we could cook waffles, and Jackie cooked a breakfast casserole.
The Life Group surprised me with a candle, powdered donut, and sang me "Happy Birthday".
The week's study was, Anthropology: Who is Man?.

Friday night, Rebecca, Ethan, and I went to our friends' house, the McMillons, and had dinner and our marriage Bible study. Rebecca surprised me with a cake, gift, and balloon. After eating dinner and the cake, we discussed chapter four out of Sacred Marriage.
Chapter Four is titled, "Holy Honor: Marriage Teaches Us to Respect Others".

In Life Group, a lot of the video discussed how if there isn't a God, how do people determine what evil is and also showed the problems with things taught in schools, like Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
In the marriage Bible study, we discussed a chapter on respect/honor. I think it's easy for me to think I should be GIVEN respect, but it's difficult sometimes for me to remember I need to GIVE respect. I enjoyed how the book showed in the scriptures that we are commanded to respect others. It was a refreshing look at the subject of honor/respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment